Board Minutes Synopsis--03/2013
 
CALIFORNIA BLUEGRASS ASSOCIATION
SYNOPSIS OF THE MINUTES OF THE MARCH 9, 2013 BOARD MEETING

CALL TO ORDER
Tim Edes, Chairman of the Board, called the meeting to order at 11:10AM at Lagunitas Brewing Company, 1280 North McDowell Boulevard, Petaluma, CA 94954

ROLL CALL
Board Members Present: David Brace, Darby Brandli, Bruce Campbell, Tim Edes, Montie Elston, Dave Gooding, Mark Hogan, Jack Hyland, Jim Ingram, Geoffrey Sargent
Board Members Absent: Steve Goldfield
Officers Present: Colleen Hogan, Larry Phegley, Bruno Brandli
Members Present: Mark Varner, Peter Langston, Janet Peterson

SETTING OF THE AGENDA
After three additions, the agenda was set and approved.

APPROVAL OF THE FEBRUARY 9, 2013 BOARD MEETING MINUTES
The February 9, 2013 Board Meeting Minutes were approved

PERSONS DESIRING TO ADDRESS THE BOARD ON UNAGENDIZED ITEMS
No members present asked to address the Board.

OLD BUSINESS
UNFILLED POSITIONS - UPDATES
The Board continues to recruit for the following positions:
- Member Giving VP
- Membership Recruitment VP

THE BOARD APPROVED THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
- Ice booth/Ice Wagon Coordinator – Gary Smith and Barbara Gray will split the position this year. This is not a permanent appointment.
- Sign Coordinator – Bruno Brandli is the new FDF Sign Coordinator working with Matthew Coleman.
- Assistant Gate Coordinator – Sandy Osborn will assist Mike McGar at the FDF Ticket Gate

MERCANTILE UPDATE
Jack Hyland is preparing a purchase proposal for mercantile items to buy before the Spring Camp Out

FDF SIGNS UPDATE
Geoff Sargent distributed a list of sign suggestions developed by Matthew Coleman. He will bring a map of the fairgrounds to overlay with sign names at the next meeting.

T-SHIRT COMMITTEE UPDATE
The T-Shirt Committee presented a choice of three designs for the FDF T-Shirt. The Board approved one of these designs.

PEOPLE MOVER / TRAILER
A new trailer has been purchased for the People Mover. Rich Evans is donating the top of the trailer. Montie is checking out places to store it.

GEARTRACK
Mark Varner ran a small announcement about GearTrack in the March Breakdown. Bruce Campbell volunteered to register for the service and write a more detailed article about it. Darby will ask GearTrack for literature to give to music camp attendees and bands.

PG&E VOLUNTEER RELATIONSHIP
Jim Evans has volunteered to lead the People Mover team at FDF with a team of PG&E volunteers.

NEW BUSINESS
INTRODUCTION TO PETER LANGSTON AND JANET PETERSON
Geoff Sargent introduced Peter Langston and Janet Peterson, who are running Music Camp this year. They do not plan to make many changes in the transition year, but will survey attendees and get input for future improvements. There are 136 people registered so far. The goal is 200-220, so camp is more than half full already.

SPRING CAMPOUT UPDATE
David Brace reported that everything is on track for the Spring Campout. The admittance process now includes bar coding, which has the side benefit of developing a database of attendees. The Area VP Meeting is scheduled at the camp out on Saturday, April 20th at 10am.

BILL & FAYE DOWNS SUPER VOLUNTEER AWARD
The Board approved three nominations for this award, to be given out at the Fathers’ Day Festival.

FATHERS’ DAY FESTIVAL STAGE SCRIMS
The Board approved creation of stage scrims for the Fathers’ Day Festival stage. Montie will talk with Lisa Burns about advertisers for the scrims.

REPORTS
MEMBERSHIP REPORT
Bruce Campbell reported that as of March 8th we have 2435 members. The new credit card application on Smart Phones helps tremendously, adding the capability to process membership payments in the moment. There is a small fee for this service.

TREASURER’S REPORT
Montie handed out the March 8, 2013 Balance Sheet and a P&L Report on the FDF comparing where we stand this year compared to the same timeframe in 2012. We are ahead of 2012 by a few thousand dollars at this time.

AREA ACTIVITIES VP REPORTS
MARK HOGAN, NORTH BAY
Mark reported that we are all set for the CBA hosted picking party on March 9 and SCB&FF tomorrow (3/10). He also showed an article from a local newspaper, the Sonoma West Times, which pictures him presenting the Venue Recognition Award to Coffee Catz in Sebastopol.

LARRY PHEGLEY, SOUTH BAY / MONTEREY BAY
Larry reported that the Get Down Boys are on the bill for the Parkfield Festival. He is considering trying to involve them in the Bluegrass in the Schools program.

BRUNO BRANDLI, EAST BAY
Bruno reported that he and Darby recently attended Wintergrass and kept the CBA presence going there. They will attend the SCB&FF tomorrow and run the CBA membership and mercantile booth.

PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Darby reported that five kids are signed up for the Youth camp so far with several more anticipated this weekend. She is working on getting sponsorships for the kids camp.

CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
Tim reported that Night at the Grange was very successful again this year.

SET TIME AND PLACE FOR THE APRIL BOARD MEETING
Next meeting is Sunday 4/21/13 at 10:00am, CBA Spring Campout in Turlock, CA

ADJOURNMENT
Meeting adjourned at 2pm.
 
Posted By:  Colleen Hogan



Copyright © 2002 California Bluegrass Association. All rights reserved.
Comments? Questions? Please email rickcornish7777@gmail.com.